Last week, the USAJOBS.gov website issued an alert about a potential email phishing scheme. Some users have received email that claims to be sent from USAJOBS and attempts to get users to divulge sensitive information such as passwords, click on an attachment, or visit a phony site.
USAJOBS does NOT send email that requests:
- Your username and/or password
- Any additional personal information to complete a job application
- Opening an attached PDF, DOC, EXE or any other file
- The installation of any software to use the system
- Users to change any settings on their computer to use the system
If you receive an email with these types of requests, do not click on any links in the email and delete the message. If you have any questions about these types of email, contact USAJOBS Support at https://my.usajobs.gov/support on your UNet or home computer.