NASCIO is pleased to announce that Stephen Fletcher, Utah CIO, has been elected to serve as NASCIO President for its 2009-2010 program year. Fletcher will replace Minnesota CIO Gopal Khanna who served as association President for the upcoming program year.
The membership also elected several new officers and directors for the association. The following are the new and returning Officers and Directors:
- President – Stephen Fletcher, Chief Information Officer, Utah
- Vice President – Kyle Schafer, Chief Technology Officer, West Virginia
- Secretary/Treasurer – Ken Theis, Chief Information Officer, Michigan
- Past-President – Gopal Khanna, Chief Information Officer, Minnesota
Elected Directors (two-year terms)
- Mark Bengel , Chief Information Officer, Tennessee
- Otto Doll, Chief Information Officer, South Dakota
- John Gillispie, Chief Information Officer, Iowa
- Dugan Petty, Chief Information Officer, Oregon
The newly elected directors are joined by returning Executive Committee Directors, Joe Fleckinger, CIO of Oklahoma, Mike Locatis, CIO of Colorado and Teri Takai, CIO of California.
The new leadership officially took effect immediately following NASCIO's State Dinner on the evening of October 26, 2009.
Official NASCIO press release: