West Virginia’s 4th Annual Computer Safety Art Contest is pleased to announce the state representatives that will move on to the national competition.
- Breanna E., from Valley View Elementary School
- Camryn T., from Point Pleasant Jr/Sr High
- Erin D., from East Fairmont High School
- Hallie K., from New Haven Elementary
- Joselyn R., from Petersburg High School
- Kayla S., from East Fairmont High School
- Kendra L., from East Fairmont High School
- Luke W., from Point Pleasant Jr/Sr High
- Makayla C., from New Martinsville School
- Mckenzie H., from East Fairmont High School
- Sam A., from Warm Springs Middle School
Our goal in the Office of Information Security and Controls is to reduce risk in the use of computers and the Internet, and to promote practices that preserve the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of data resources. This contest helps us support this mission by engaging young people in using the Internet safely and securely.
We received hundreds of entries, so the competition was very steep! Employees from the Office of Technology voted on the entries and selected these students’ works for entry in the national contest. Their posters were submitted to MS-ISAC and will compete against students from across the nation.
We all hope that West Virginia will have many students succeed in winning at the national level!
To view the student's artwork, please check out our Facebook Page.